Saturday, August 15, 2009

Leaving Mendo and hitting the road south

After spending a awesome summer in Mendocino I decided it was about time for a new scene and a little adventure. I packed up the van with my dirt bike and everything I thought I would need for the next couple months. I actually packed pretty sparingly as I still wanted a livable space inside the van.
I say my goodbyes to my family and friends and head south on hwy 1 along the coast. The weather is perfect and I stop multible times to admire the coastline.

As I hit hwy 128 away from the coast you go through a amazing canopy of redwoods, this is one of my favorite drives in Northern California. Its a pretty hot day so I take a quick stop at the Navarro River for a swim.


I stop in boonville at the Anderson Valley Brewing Company for one of my favorite beverages, a cold glass of IPA. No trip through boonville is complete without a stop here. I take my time down 128 and then down the 101 and back onto the 128 towards St. Helena. I went to high school here for my softmore and junior year, it was quite a bit differnt then Mendocino but looking back im glad we did the temp move. My good friend Tommy from HS is living in St. Helena so I gave him a call and we met up at his house and just caught up with eachother and had some beers. It had been a couple years since we had seen eachother so it was much overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment