Saturday, August 15, 2009

St. Helena to San Luis Obispo

Last night I had a extremely bad nightmare. One of the worst I can remember and I did not want to go back to sleep fearing I would fall back into the same dream so at about 3am I got out of bed and went for a walk around town to clear my head. It was still really warm out so I was just wearing board shorts and no shirt or shoes cruising around downtown. I cop rolled by me and almost stopped to see what I was doing but kept going.
I felt much better after the walk and went back to bed. Woke up around 9am and drove to Napa to see my Grandpa. He is 96 years old and one of the sweetest people ive ever known and has been a great influence in my life. I know every time I see him may be my last as he is fading away from old age so I treasure the time we have together.


I leave Napa and am trying to get to San Fransicso over the Golden Gate but take the wrong way and go through east bay instead.



Back onto the 101 south and through Central California. I had not been down here since I got back from my Latin America trip and the terrain had changed from green and lush to completely dry and brown. I pull over and have some lunch by a ranch and take a little nap.


As I approach San Luis Obispo I call my good friend Mike from our off-road club (The Poly Goats) and we meet up at a Sushi place and then go pick up a friend and check out the sick pre-runner truck they are building.


We then hit Downtown Brew Co. for Dollar Beer Night. We had a good time playing drinking games and watching alot of Nitro Circus crazyness. Rachel another Poly Goat joined us and ended up giving us a ride home to Mikey's as there was no way either of us were driving after who knows how many pitchers of goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment