Saturday, August 15, 2009

SLO to Santa Barbara

Cruise down towards Santa Barbara around noon and as soon as I reached SB went down to the beach. There is a big fire about 80 miles north and the wind has blown all the smoke here. the sun is almost completely covered and its raining ash. This seems to be a regular occurence.

I take my dirt bike off the back to go for a ride around town but I cant get it to start for the life of me. I even had random tourists pushing me down the street trying to bump start it but its not even close to starting. I had pressure washed the bike about 2 days ago and it must of got something wet or sucked water into the intake. Dam this is not good as I am trying to sell it and you cant sell a bike that does not start. I eventually give up and put it back on the van and go downtown to state street and just hang out and observe the scene and people for a while.

Back down to Ledbetter beach and I notice there are a ton of RV's parked all over the beach, I park and hang out at the beach for a while and do some shoulder exercises. Seeing all these sweet RV's really made me want one but my van will do for now. I guess everyone is here camping out for the Catermaran race the next morning.
A older guy came over to me and asked if I had a torn rotater cuff and I said no, dislocated shoulder and torn ligiments. He then shows me his shoulder surgery scars and we talk about my possible options which hopefully don't involve surgery. He had me feel his shoulder while he rotated his arm around and I could feel it popping and grinding the entire way around. Ehhh well at least mine doesent do that (Yet...)
That evening I go over to Taylor's house and chill by the camp fire and drink some beers then I head solo downtown to meet up with my friend Laura. Meet up with her and about 5 of her girlfriends and party the night away. I had not been downtown SB in a while, when I lived here I used to know everyone and run into friends everywhere I went. I dident see a single person I knew all night long and it really hit me how times had changed and most of my friends from college were no longer around. Oh well, we definatly had our glory days here, thats for sure!


At about 3am I wake up to my van shaking around. Some drunk guy had climbed up onto my dirt bike and was making engine noises pretending he was riding it. I was kinda freaked out at first as I had just been woken up from a dead sleep. I go up next to the back window and do my best angry cat "hiss" impression and bang on the window to scare him. He jumped off the bike and took off running down the street, I have not seen anyone run that fast in quite a while haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment