Saturday, September 12, 2009

Big Sur

Off to Big Sur now. PCH has got to be one of the most beautiful drives in california. Every corner you go around produces a new awe inspiring landscape. We stopped for a bit and watched the Elephant Seals which can grow to be over a ton fight around with eachother and blob around the beach. I find the dirt road Molly was talking about but I did not think it would be so close so I had not picked up food and supplies so we backtracked to the nearest town and picked everything up and headed back to the dirt road. The road was pretty gnarly and very steep. There was some pretty deep ruts and big rocks you had to navigate through. The van handled it like a champ though and barely spun a tire even on some of the worst stuff. I guess it helps that I had a metric ton of stuff inside weighing it down and a posi-traction rear end. The views from up here are just incredible. Really like nothing ive ever seen and ive lived in California my whole life.


While I write this right now we are probably 2000 feet above the ocean camping over a 180 degree vista of the Pacific, its pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment