Friday, September 11, 2009

Picking Up A New Traveler & Hollywood

On my last dirt bike trip down to Latin America
(which can be found here http://www.superadventura.blogspot.com/ ) I met a girl Synne from Norway while on Roatan Island, Honduras. We hung out for almost a month in Honduras and Guatemala and had a blast. She is flying into Los Angeles from Norway to come hang out with me and travel in the van for 3 weeks. Unfortuately the day before I was to pick her up my van started acting funny and was hesitating durring acceleration very badly. I brought it to the shop and had a ton of things replaced that they thought was the problem but it was still doing the same thing and I had to get to LA so I just took it as is. It was later found to just be a tank of bad gas and once I ran it out and refilled it with good gas it was fine.
I picked up Synne at LAX around 10pm. It is so good to see her again, I know we are gonna have alot of fun on our tour of California. The next morning we decided to go check out Universal Studios Hollywood for the day.

The park was empty and there were no lines for anything, it was great. We did every ride and attraction there within the day. On the Jurassic Park ride near the end you come down a big waterfall in a boat and you get completely soaked head to toe. Synne was wearing a white shirt with no bra and it turned into a walking wet T-shirt contest after that. It was pretty funny, she on the other hand was not amused, haha. That evening I met up with my friends Athena and Tucker in Hollywood and we went out to a sushi and sake dinner, they even had a spare bedroom that they let us stay in. A full bed and warm shower was much appriciated!

Went to the Standard Hotel in Hollywood the next day and hung out at the pool and tried to beat the heat. Halfway through the day my friend Ryan calls me and says he is going to take his boat out sailing in Santa Barbara that day. No brainer there and we hop back in the van and drive to Santa Barbara. End up setting sail around sunset and had a great cruise out on the ocean. Picture perfect sunset and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment