Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Santa Cruz

Pack up the next morning and head back up the PCH towards Santa Cruz. Stop in Big Sur for some breakfast burritos and then take a nap for about 4 hours because we were very tired from the night before. Get into SC around 4pm and meet up with Jeff who I did my last Central America Dirt Bike Trip with. We meet on the wharf and grab some drinks around sunset and then go over to Pint Night downtown and meet up with my other Dirt Bike Trip partner Shane. We all end up at a very weird bar with a funny gay bartender and a strange emo band playing in the other room. Synne and I ended our night here and went back to the van to go to bed.

Wake up and drive up hwy 9 into the redwood forest to go to a swimming spot called The Garden Of Eden. Walk along the train tracks for a while and find a tee-pee out in the woods made out of redwood branches.



Get to the swimming hole and jump in the middle. The water is so freezing but felt really good after a long hot walk. This spot is really cool with a sand beach and waterfall when its not summer.

We hang out here for most of the day and then go back into SC to meet up with my two friends from Mendo, Aran and Noah.
I had not seen Noah for over 8 years since I graduated from High School so it was really good to see him. All of us meet up at I Love Sushi and had a great dinner along with doing sake bombs with the restaurant owner. He was so funny, barely spoke English and his reply to everything was "ohhhhhhhh" with his eyes closed. I think he had been drinking prior haha.
Afterwards we all went out to the Red Room and had a great time just catching up with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment